Enjoy a journey to the occupied side of Cyprus and visit the ancient city of Salamis. You will also have the opportunity to do some sightseeing in Famagusta’s Old Town Centre, as well as visit the beautiful Golden Beach of the area. Not only will you get to take in the fascinating history Famagusta has to offer, you will also get close to Famagusta’s ‘Ghost Town’ which has been frozen in time for over 40 years.
Visit the ancient city of Salamis, Famagusta’s ‘Ghost Town’ and the surrounding areas
Did you know?
Famagusta has been under Turkish occupation since 1974.
Things To Do
- Visit the pretty city of Salamis with an optional guided tour in the ancient city of Salamis* (approx. 1 hour)
- Free time in Famagusta Old Town Centre for sightseeing and lunch
(approx. 1 hour 45 min, lunch is an optional extra not included in the price)
- Visit Famagusta’s “Golden Beach” with the opportunity to have a swim
(approx. 1 hour)
- Short drive close to the thrilling “Ghost Town” of Famagusta
Return to Protaras around 15:00, Ayia Napa around 15:30
* The entrance in the ancient city of Salamis and the guided tour fee are not included in the excursion price. Alternatively, you can have free time for swimming.
IMPORTANT: ON THE DAY OF THE EXCURSION YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PASSPORT WITH YOU. ONLY EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS ARE ALLOWED TO USE THEIR NATIONAL ID CARDS. NO PHOTOCOPIES ALLOWED!